AquaTT now hiring Project Officer for immediate start
- Last Updated: 11 April 2017
- Published: 22 February 2017
Position Title: Project Officer
|Type||Full-time 36 month contract with potential for renewal. Initial six-month probation period. Position available immediately.|
|Location||Dublin city centre, Ireland|
|Application deadline||12 May 2017, 17:30 CET|
|Application documents||A well-motivated application letter outlining why you are the perfect candidate and a CV addressing our essential criteria, including 3 references, should be addressed to David Murphy, AquaTT Manager and sent electronically to: email@example.com
With 25 years of experience, AquaTT has proven itself as an expert at managing European projects, with a strategic focus on knowledge management and transfer, dissemination and training. AquaTT operates extensively within the European scientific research arena and has demonstrated a track record in successfully pursuing, acquiring and managing a significant number of grants (across the FP7, H2020, Interreg and Lifelong Learning Programmes), enabling it to build a knowledge-based organisation with key networks among national and European stakeholders in the marine and other sectors.
AquaTT works with Europe’s top researchers for the entirety of each project’s life cycle, from project conception through to delivery, designing and carrying out projects that will have positive societal impact. AquaTT collaborates with over 250 institutions in more than 40 countries, operating in research domains such as Marine Science, Environment, Water, Health, Climate Change, Energy and Food. AquaTT’s policy has been to build an experienced and multidisciplinary team of experts from different backgrounds. Our team uses their collective expertise in scientific research, business, communications, training, teaching and industry to design and manage innovative activities tailored to the needs of each specific project. The company has an inventive and collaborative nature, where employees are valued and inspired as well as rewarded for their ideas and contributions. AquaTT’s people demonstrate personal behaviour that integrates and promotes strong values of trust, respect, transparency and fairness into the organisation’s practices.
We believe that scientific research can enrich our lives and deliver a sustainable future for humanity. We use our skills to make a difference and help research benefit society.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Project Officer (PO) will join our existing team and contribute to the management and administration of AquaTT’s current and future portfolio of projects, and will be primarily responsible for 2-3 European projects, ensuring them to become a success for both AquaTT and our partnerships. AquaTT’s roles in projects typically fall under the umbrella of knowledge management activities including dissemination, communication, education, stakeholder engagement and knowledge management and transfer. Given the international dimension of the projects, regular travel will be required.
The main duties of the post include:
• To successfully and efficiently manage a portfolio of EC projects, delivering AquaTT’s contractual obligations on time. This includes generating high quality deliverables, on-time reporting, writing press releases and promotional materials, content management of project websites and other social media channels, presenting at conferences, contributing to technical activities, budget management and monitoring, event management (including effective meeting contributions), etc.
• To facilitate and carry out efficient and effective dissemination and communication of the activities and results of the assigned projects;
• To effectively manage knowledge from the assigned projects, thereby ensuring maximum uptake and impact by potential end-users, ultimately demonstrating value creation;
• To maintain and instigate excellent partner and stakeholder relationships;
• To represent AquaTT externally;
• To maintain a detailed understanding of all aspects of EU and national research funding programs relevant to AquaTT and contribute to funding procurement by developing top quality project concepts, proposals and plans.
A description of AquaTT’s project portfolio is available on the company website (www.aquatt.ie/aquatt-projects).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
AquaTT is looking for a pro-active, diligent and dedicated individual, who must have suitable skills to carry out the duties described above as well as strong soft skills such as excellent communication and networking, stakeholder engagement, time management and task prioritisation, and be able to work to tight deadlines. The project officer would ideally have a creative streak, and enjoy determining alternative methods and channels for carrying out their activities including communication of scientific results to different stakeholder groups. This is a senior role and the candidate will have full operational responsibility for project delivery including quality of deliverables, risk management and budget.
• EEA work authorisation;
• University degree, with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
• A minimum of five years’ demonstrable experience in relevant project-based (national- or EC funded) work;
• Excellent written and spoken English;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Ability to communicate clearly, courteously, and professionally to both scientific and other stakeholders;
• A highly organised and efficient approach to managing responsibilities and effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment;
• Good understanding of the research funding environment in Europe;
• Task-oriented, responsible and autonomous;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Commitment to delivering on allocated tasks, with a high level of attention to detail;
• Good ability to work in a team and in multicultural environments;
• Good ability to demonstrate initiative;
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new information;
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently;
• Sound working knowledge of MS Office systems.
• Experience of knowledge management, technology transfer, science in society or other processes involving the uptake of knowledge by different stakeholder groups such as industry, policy, science and society;
• Track record of success in writing grant applications;
• Project management qualification;
• Event management experience;
• Experience in information management and communication through electronic platforms;
• Networking experience;
• Personal interest in and enthusiasm for playing a role in creating a culture change to facilitate the increased uptake of scientific knowledge leading towards a more sustainable future for humanity.
• Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines as part of the contract;
• National and international travel will be required.
The AquaTT Project Officer scale has 16 points from €25,000 - €38,949. The starting point for the successful candidate will depend on experience and qualifications. Holiday entitlements are 20 working days per annum and an additional 5 days of company holiday leave is given over the Christmas period. Internal and external training opportunities (relevant to the role) will be provided. Several extra benefits provided including pension option.